GOtv is a digital pay-TV service that offers affordable television entertainment to households in Kenya. With its wide variety of channels ranging from movies, music, children, news and sports, it has become a popular choice for many Kenyans. In this guide, we will show you how to pay for your GOtv subscription via Mpesa in Kenya as of 2023.
To access GOtv services, you need a GOtv decoder and a GOtenna. As of 2023, the cost of a GOtv decoder is Ksh 1,299 while a GOtenna retails at Ksh 849. There are five main packages that GOtv offers:
GOtv Packages and Prices
- GOtv Lite costs Ksh 199 per month and provides access to 21 channels
- GOtv Value costs Ksh 590 per month and provides access to 33 channels
- GOtv Plus costs Ksh 930 per month and provides access to 47 channels
- GOtv Max costs Ksh 1,249 per month and provides access to 60+ channels
- GOtv Supa costs Ksh 1,599 per month and provides access to 70+ channels
Now, let’s get into the steps on how to pay for your GOtv subscription via Mpesa in Kenya:
- Go to your Mpesa menu
- Select “Lipa na Mpesa”
- Select “PayBill”
- Enter 423655 as the business number
- Enter your GOtv IUC number (located at the bottom of your decoder with a red sticker)
- Enter the amount you want to pay
- Enter your Mpesa pin and press “OK”
- You will receive a transaction confirmation message from Mpesa
Once you have completed these steps, Multichoice Kenya will update the payment, and your viewing will be back to normal after a few minutes.
However, after making your payment, your screen might show an E16 error message. This happens when your decoder is turned off during payment. To clear this error, you can send a text message with the word RESET followed by your IUC number to 22688 or dial *423# on your phone. Alternatively, you can go to https://eazy.gotvafrica.com/en/ke/clear-error-code and clear the error online.