On Tuesday, September 27, President William Ruto announced new cabinet secretary appointments.
During his speech at State House in Nairobi, Ruto introduced the Cabinet Secretaries who would help him carry out his plans.
The whole Cabinet is listed below:
- Deputy President – Rigathi Gachagua
- Prime Cabinet Secretary – Musalia Mudavadi
- Interior – Professor Kithure Kindiki
- Treasury and Social Planning – Njuguna Ndung’u
- Public Service – Aisha Jumwa
- Defence – Aden Duale
- Water and Sanitation – Alice Wahome
- Foreign Affairs – Alfred Mutua
- Trade, Investment and Industry – Moses Kuria
- East African Community – Rebecca Miano
- Transport and Roads – Kipchumba Murkomen
- Environment – Soipan Tuya
- Lands and Housing – Zachariah Njeru
- Tourism – Peninah Malonza
- Agriculture – Mithika Linturi
- Health – Susan Nakhumicha
- ICT – Eliud Owalo
- Education – Ezekiel Machogu
- Energy and Petroleum – Davis Chirchir
- Sports – Ababu Namwamba
- Cooperatives – Simon Chelugui
- Mining – Salim Mvurya
- Labour and Social Protection – Florence Florence Bore
- Advisor on women’s rights – Harriet Kigai
- Advisor on National Security advisor- Monica Juma
- Attorney General – Justin Muturi
- Secretary to the cabinet- Mercy Wanjao
In addition to this, he disclosed that his deputy, Rigathi Gachagua, would be deputizing him in all tasks that will be gazetted following the issuance of an Executive Order.
“I would want to use this occasion to send my best wishes to the individuals on this list, both male and female, who will be working with us to implement the Kenya Kwanza plan. They will now make their way to parliament in order for the appointment to be finalized and for me to put this team to work. This is necessary in order for the house to grant its approval “In conclusion, Ruto said.